Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Bend It Like Beckham

Logan is obsessed with soccer. Seriously obsessed. I'm not sure what prompted this love as he only recently went to his first soccer game. When the weather turned cool this fall I had to tell him every pair of pants were soccer pants so he would wear them instead of his soccer shorts. Did you know corduroy pants are soccer pants? I found a cute pair of football pants at a consignment sale that matched his UCA jersey and planned for him to be a football player for Halloween. He wore the uniform proudly...but told everyone he was a soccer player. He was given a soccer ball and soccer goal for his birthday and the obsession has officially peaked since.

Last night Logan insisted on wearing his cleats to bed. I told him no shoes on the sheets so he made a pallet on the floor. When I went up to check on him, I found him without a pillow...balancing his head on his soccer ball. Some battles are not worth fighting.

This morning I had just gotten out of the shower when I heard the ball bouncing down the stairs with the pitter patter of Logan's feet following close behind. He dribbled the ball (very well, I must admit!) into my room and then dribbled it into the kitchen for breakfast. The ball was dribbled outside to the car when it was time to load up for daycare. Once at daycare he was reminded that toys stay in the car. He hugged his soccer ball and gave it a big smooch. I got a high five.

Perhaps this obsession will fade after Christmas presents are opened, or I may need to prepare myself to be a soccer mom!

No comments: