Friday, January 1, 2010

Before I forget...

I want to document two funny stories before I forget. Logan keeps me going so fast and sometimes I worry I'll wake up one day and he'll be grown!
(1) Logan has a Nativity puzzle to help him understand the Christmas story (see previous Christmas post to understand why this is necessary). A couple nights ago he decided to put the puzzle together at the coffee table. He worked and worked to fit the wise men together and line up the shepherd just so. He added the angel, Mary, and Joseph. There was only one piece left...but where was baby Jesus? We looked high and low. I asked our mischievous dog, Banjo, if she had snacked on our Lord. She did not answer as dogs do not talk. I joked on my facebook status that perhaps the puzzle was transitioning into Easter and we had witnessed ascension. The next day, I opened the fridge and what to my wondering eyes did appear? ... BABY JESUS! I assume he was healing the wilted lettuce, witnessing to the mayo, or perhaps discussing heaven with the leftover Christmas pie. For the record, Logan seems to have no recollection of putting baby Jesus in the fridge. Perhaps it was a post-Christmas miracle!?

(2) I think Logan is getting close to giving up his daily naps. I'm heartbroken and exhausted at the suggestion. Yesterday I was desperately pleading with Logan to nap but he had other ideas. I ran up and down the stairs a million times (why am I not in better shape?) but he kept getting up. At one point I head him running around the guest bedroom and I hollered up the stairs for him to get in bed. He yelled back, "I am in A bed." and he was...the guest bed. Not what I had in mind, smarty pants! Finally, he did seem to settle and I hoped sleep had graced us. I found him lying in his bed with his hands behind his head staring at the ceiling. I felt defeated and asked Logan "Why are you not sleeping?" To which, my sweet child replies "I'm just thinkin' bout that big poopoo this morning." I shared the story with my facebook world and texted it to my parents. My dad insisted that this was simply the mind of a man.

1 comment:

Becky said...

The thinking about a poop comment is hysterical and a total guy thing!!