Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Fun at home...





I took a leap of faith and gave notice at work. The stress of Trey living in Arkansas for work, me working fulltime, Logan misbehaving in daycare, having the house in tip top shape for potential buyers, AND a couple minor health problems have been weighing on me. Trey and I agreed for me to take this step and begin transitioning to Arkansas. Everything about the plan is great...except that we can't seem to sell our house. I absolutely love my house. Seriously, it's a dream house. We bought the house with intentions of staying here for a long time but life happens. I know that someone else can be happy in this house but can't imagine why they haven't decided that yet! Sooo, if you know of anyone interested in moving to Tennessee...

ANYWAY, being a stay at home mom (at least temporarily) is a dream come true and I'm embracing every moment. I've planned excursions, crafts, projects, and so forth. Today was the first chance I've had to snap pics of one of our projects. (Please excuse the "Dumb & Dumber" haircut. I actually took him to have his haircut rather than doing it myself and this is the product. GRRR!) Logan and I love art projects! As active as he is, he will sit still for the longest to paint, sculpt, and cut. I found a recipe in a book for making homemade finger paint. Ok, recipe is probably not the word. It was EASY! Mix flour and water into a paste, a pinch of salt for texture, and add 2 drops of food coloring. TADA! Logan loved that he made his own paint (I loved the price, the easy clean up, and the fact that it was nontoxic!) He painted 3 lovely pictures which are currently on display in our kitchen.

We have also spent the day gathering items for our letter box. (No Lexi, not a letterbox...) I remember haivng letter boxes in kindergarden and have completely ripped off the idea. Sorry, Mrs. Elmore. This week we are putting objects that start with "L" in our box. So far we have a picture of Logan, lLemon, Lime, Leash, Lion, Lamb, Lizard, Lincoln Log, Little Grover, Lipstick, and a dirty sock (Laundry!) *NOTE: it was very disappointing to learn that the stepLadder didn't fit in our box and that you can't hold Love. :)

Tomorrow's plans include a scavenger hunt, a sorting game, and baking cookies with mommy. We may be broke, living apart, and saddled with a house we wish to sell...but I'm enjoying my time with my little monkey!






No comments: