Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Monet, van Gogh, Picasso, and Logan!





It is amazing to watch my kiddo develop new skills. During today's art project he completely shocked me! I have a stack of plain white pillow cases stored away for a rainy day...yes, I'm a craft supply hoarder. Call A&E! I figured that since we are travelling back and forth between our house and my parents' house so often, Logan might like a special pillow to take with him. I found a pack of fabric markers in the craft closet and Logan went to town.



He is really interested in writing his letters and can do a couple solo and several more with minimal assistance. (In the picture you will see his name. In the interest of full disclosure...he did the L & O alone and I did "dot to dot" for the remaining letters.) He has decided he needs to do his own "dot to dot" every time he writes and L. Hopefully we can move past that soon. Logan is really active (really, really active) but will sit and focus on playdoh and art projects for a long time, if interested. He was in the zone (brow furrowed, head down, and tongue out) so I used the time to clean up the kitchen and load the dishwasher.


His crafting always includes a constant narrative of each motion and today was no different. I had kinda tuned him out but heard him say "There is a spider." and "I made an L!" and "That is my daddy, mommy, and Logan!" Each statement was met with my distracted "uh huh", "that's good", or "you are working so hard!" When the kitchen was clean(er), I returned to the table to admire Logan's creation. I am so proud of what I saw...he drew a spider that looks like a spider! He made several 'L's! AND...TADA...a daddy (bald!?), a rather hippy (not as in flower child but as in junk in da' trunk), and a little boy! This is the first time his artwork has resembled what he was drawing! I can't wait to see what he makes or does next! I'm a proud mommy!




**NOTE: God was pretty smart today. Thank goodness I was reminded how special Logan can be because his behavior has been otherwise ROTTEN! Thanks, Big Guy for defusing the situation! :)

2 comments:

Lauren said...

This is a GREAT craft idea. I'll have to keep it in mind for next fall. Natalie has the attention span of a gnat right now.
I love the last picture. Natalie sleeps with Grover too! Who knew Grover got around so much? =)

Lauren said...

We don't just sleep with "Go-ger", he goes everywhere with us! It's a bad day for mommy if we've left him behind!