Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Neck'd

Why does my son love to be naked? Seriously, I can't keep clothes on the kid. I sound like a horrible mother who pays little attention to her kid, but I'm bordering on being the "helicopter" parent I bad mouth. The kid must have been Houdini in a previous life. Once I left him outside swinging to run inside (barely 40 feet) to grab the phone and when I returned he was still swinging but this time completely nude.

Even as an infant he preferred to be naked. My mom was shocked to check on her sweet 10 month old grandson asleep in his crib and to discover him still asleep but with diaper and jammies thrown on the floor.


Oh, and there was the infamous "Naked Spaghetti" night. I set the table and ran to tell Trey dinner was ready. I returned and there was my child eating spaghetti in the buff.


Today, he ran inside to go potty and returned within 3 minutes wearing a different t-shirt than he'd gone in with and NOTHING else. I said, "Logan, you need to go back inside and put your underwear, pants, socks, and shoes back on." He looked down and said, "Wow." Was he unsure how he became naked? He ran in and came back out in yet another t-shirt, underwear, and nothing else. "Logan!? You must wear pants outside!" Our neighbors must think the world of us!



I'm sharing pictures of Logan playing fetch with our dog, Banjo. I was folding laundry. One minute they were playing fetch and the next, fetch without pants. I just don't get it. Must be a boy thing. It is pretty sad when your nightly prayers include, "Please, Lord, clothe my son. In righteousness would be nice but in public would be be stellar. Thanks, AMEN."

No comments: