Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Where is my baby boy?







Where did my baby go? This morning Logan told me he was going to sing "Elmo's Song" at school. Every evening on the way home from daycare I ask what he did during the day. He always reports that he "Sing Elmo's Song." Today he announced his plans for the day at breakfast. He then told me "Mommy cut hair. I sad. Hair cute." (Yes, his speech delay makes him sound like a caveman.) I did cut his hair last night, and he did cry. I'm so glad he thinks his hair is cute. I agree!

Each developmental milestone is amazing to witness, but I'll admit my heart aches a little too. I miss my little (ok, Logan was never little, but you get the picture) baby. I miss picking him up out of the crib and holding him over my shoulder. I miss the uninterrupted eye contact during feedings. I miss bouncing him on my knee while singing silly songs. I miss my baby.

But then...Logan runs to me when he bumps his head. He asks "Mommy hold up?" and I pick him up. He builds a house for his toy animals out of blocks. He finds the letter 'O' on a menu. Logan sings "Kinkle, Kinkle, Lil' Tar" into his toy microphone. Logan asks me to lie next to him in his bed and read a book.

Ok, the toddler stuff is incredible too. He is still mommy's baby boy.

No comments: