Friday, May 14, 2010

When life imitates art...

Logan and I have been working our way through his first chapter book, Henry Huggins by Beverly Cleary. (No, he's not reading it but listens very carefully) In the story, the reader gets to know Henry and his rag tag mutt Ribsy. Henry is the main character in 6 books and a secondary character in many of the Ramona books.
Last night, while Logan was in the tub I read him chapter 5: The Pale Pink Dog. Henry enters Ribsy in a dog show and chaos happens! Ribsy chewed his leash so Henry has to use a too long clothesline which leads to several funny incidents of tangling. After a thorough bath (and shower), Ribsy proceeds to roll in mud right before the dog show. Henry runs home to grab talcum powder and shakes the powder on Ribsy's muddy white fur so he will hopefully appear to be clean. Unfortunately, Henry grabbed pink powder and has turned his muddy, tangled dog pink. Great book!


While we were reading I kept hearing crunching noises from the other room. I should have known better but I ignored it for awhile. Finally, I told Logan I'd be right back and I walked into my bedroom. There I discovered Banjo with her head inside a bag that held various craft supplies. I called her name and she popped her head up. She had a bright blue nose! I grabbed the bag and revealed two bright blue paws too! Banjo had been chewing on an electric blue ink pad (stamps)! I picked her up and carried her outside. She left blue nose prints and paw prints on the back door! Fortunately the ink was washable and the carpet & Banjo have since returned to their original colors.


I think it's pretty funny that while reading about a dog that turned pink, my dog was turning blue!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That's pretty funny! I wonder if she will have blue poo?